Sunday, April 10, 2011

Drill baby drill… Aluminum Panels.



Well I have most of the aluminum panels drilled along with installation of the upper and lower control arms. The shocks are on back order, so I have as much completed for now until the rest of my aluminum panels are shipped to me along with the remaining back order parts.
Now that I have seen the actual color of the powder coated chassis, I have decided to powder coat the aluminum panels the same color. Well, at least the panels that are in the engine bay. These are the only panels that visible and I since I like the silver color of the chassis, I think that matching panels will look nice. I will find a place to get them powder coated in the next couple of weeks.

Front LCA/UCA’s
I spent a few hours trying to get the dust boots to cover the upper ball joints. They seemed to be a little to small. After reading several possible fixes on ffcars.com, I was able to finally get the dust boots installed using 2" PVC pipe. You just press on the boot dust cover with the 2" pipe and wallah it slips right on.

No comments:

Post a Comment